Camp NaNoWriMo starts in less than twenty-four hours…
As I’ve expressed in past blog entries, I am super excited to start the first book of the Cougarette spinoff series, Savage. I even have the cover art reserved…for a book I haven’t written yet (I blame Amanda Walker!).
That’s me putting the cart before the horse, but welcome to my world! I couldn’t let NaNo Eve go by without at least one obligatory blogpost. That said, I’m also conserving my typing fingers for my month-long quest to write this novel. So I decided to shorthand it.
(NOTE: Any & all of this is subject to change as I allow my characters to take over the story…and my life.)
- Days to write: 30
- Books I’ve written during previous NaNo events: 4
- Books I’ve published from NaNo events: 3 (Brewgirl In Vegas #2 is on a break! LOL!)
- Word count for goal: 30,000
- Word count expected for final draft: 75,000
- Plot points planned: 7
- Sex scenes planned: 3
- Sex scenes involving CeeCee Banks and/or Jay Weston: 0 (They gave you six books’ worth of sex. Give them a break!)
- New characters introduced: 3 (although one has been mentioned in the Cougarette Series)
- Cougarette characters featured: 7
- Children characters featured: 1
- Times I’ll have to remind myself that Savage is about Laney, not CeeCee: 56
- Books I was reading that won’t be touched again until August: 5
- Dollars of late fines owed to my local library: 4
- Dollars of remaining Amazon credit for future book purchases: 18
- Morning hour I’ll awake to write daily: 5
- Evening hour I will go to bed the night before: 11
- Lesbian romance short stories I plan to read for research: 15
- Episodes of The L Word I plan to rewatch for research: 23
- Cheesy French fries I plan to eat: 34,856
- Jazzercise classes I plan to attend: 6
- Cups of coffee I plan to consume: 78
- Glasses of chilled Pinot Grigio I plan to consume: infinity
- Post-Its I’ll ball up in rage: 42
- Tears I’ll shed during writer’s block periods: 94
- Times I will question why I’m even writing Savage in the first place: 39
- Jumps in the air I’ll attempt when I hit goal: 1 (because I’ll be full of French fries, coffee, and wine)
Wish me luck and stay tuned to the blog for more updates as I attempt to write this book.
Peace & Godspeed to my fellow NaNoers out there – we got this!