It seems like just yesterday that I published my bucket list for my 38th birthday and now, here I am: turning another year older.
Older in age but in spirit?
Yeah…older in spirit, too.
But I’m not complaining, for two reasons:
One: really, what’s the alternative?
And I’m too pretty to die.
Two: TBCFH, I feel 39 and I mean that in the most positive way.
I lucked out with being a Seventies baby. Gen X is the generation for me and I wouldn’t want it any other way.
I was a teenager before the internet. It was fantastic!
I was able to act a fool during my Twenties without the invasion of smartphones. LOVELY!
Now, as I enter the final year of my Thirties, I take stock of what I have – a great family, a not-too-depressing dayjob that pays the bills, a passion for writing that spawned ten novels in three years – and realize I still have SO much I want to accomplish.
So, with that said, here’s a taste of what I plan to devote my final lap around the Dirty Thirties:
- Stay aligned with my intuition.
- Preserve my petty.
- Get both of my children involved in STEM activities.
- Finish the novel I plan to query…
- …and then actually query the son of a bitch.
- Edit my TV script.
- Read and watch Call Me By Your Name.
- Draw up enough courage to give someone close to me a tarot reading.
- Stop wasting my Jazzercise membership.
- Take Judy Blume’s Masterclass.
- Take my time kissing my husband.
- Fully embrace my penchant for writing damn good erotica.
- Learn the basic meaning of each of the 72 cards in the tarot deck.
- Read more about Pamela Colman Smith.
- Participate in my favorite writer Twitterchats.
- Spend more time with my son – he’s growing up SO fast.
- Give more impromptu BJs (to my husband – hold your DMs!)
- Learn to effectively work through my bouts of imposter syndrome.
- Submit a freelance piece at least once a month.
- Watch Seasons 2 of STAR and Queen Sugar because they’ve been sitting on my DVR forever!
- Keep up with my monthly facials.
- Get back into running this spring.
- Invest in some new toys.
- Cut my hair.
- Braid my daughter’s hair with beads.
- Save up to go with my mom to EssenceFest 2019.
- More. Yoga. Please.
- Cut down on candy.
- Avoid the Roseanne reboot at all fucking costs.
- Be a better in-person friend.
- Read more comic books.
- Learn more about BDSM…for writing purposes. 😉
- Get my Author Spotlights back in blogging rotation.
- Take walks with my family.
- Learn all of the tricks of my brand new MacBook.
- Establish a monthly game night with the fam.
- Add bylines to my resume.
- Remain forever dope as fuck.
All right, Year 39. Give me your best shot.