We made it, y’all! 2017 is officially coming to a close!
My gift to you for surviving?
Grab my e-books for 99 pennies each!
That’s right – now until Jan. 1, 2018, you can grab any of my nine steamy reads for 99 cents. Tell a friend!
(Already read all of my naughty words? Please leave a review. Best belated Christmas gift on the planet!)
While the nation has been falling apart around us, I can walk away from 2017 knowing that I had a rather creative 365 days:
- I released my ninth novel, The Follow.
- I completed all 30 sessions of Shonda Rhimes’ Masterclass on screenwriting.
- I wrote my first TV script based on my Cougarette series.
- I WON NANOWRIMO!
- I just sent the draft for The Follow 2: Blocked (which will drop in February) to the editor.
- I started the first draft of The Lamar St. Jon Experience – my first m/m romance.
So yeah, my fingers were busy AF this year. I think that, like most of my fellow artists), creativity was the best outlet to deal with this dumpster fire of a year. I plan to keep up this momentum with my 2018 writing goals:
- LSJ Experience: I had a vision of a spinoff of The Follow duet centered on child star-turned-egomaniac actor Lamar St. Jon after I pubbed Book One. Now, with his evolution in the upcoming sequel, it’s time for me to set Lamar’s story free. The worst kept spoiler of the series is Lamar’s awakening into his sexuality, which I plan to explore in the novella. It will be my first venture into m/m romance so I look forward to adding to my beautiful readers who are a fan of the genre.
- Querying: I’m going back to the political chick-lit romance I started two years ago. I’m only ten chapters in so I have a fair amount of writing to do before I’m finished. But once that draft’s nice and neat, I’m going to finally suck it up and query the manuscript. I’m not sure what to expect but I’m excited about this new venture. I know I’ll learn so much about myself as a person and a writer.
- Screenwriting: Anyone who’s kept social media tabs on me this past year knows that becoming a television writer is my tip-top goal. I love noveling, but my passion is with the boob tube. Therefore, I am going to throw my hat in the ring for a minimum of two network writing programs. I’m going into this particular goal with a grain of salt, given my location, age, and novice knowledge of the industry. I won’t let any of that deter me from giving it my best shot. I refuse to leave my life regretting all the shots I never shot because I let a little thing like circumstance get in the way.